ABC Quality Program
ABC Quality helps providers, who volunteer to participate, achieve higher standards of quality in caring for the children they serve. ABC Quality is SC's voluntary quality rating and improvement system for child care providers.
- ABC Quality provides technical assistance, training, and scholarships to the child care workforce.
- ABC Quality conducts regular on-site reviews to measure performance on the program standards for each level of quality.
- ABC Quality observes classrooms, materials, activities, and caregiver interactions with children to determine the level of quality.
- ABC Quality reviews findings and recommendations with child care providers to help them improve.
- ABC Quality creates scholarship opportunities for child care providers to attend state conferences that are focused on providing quality child care.
- ABC Quality offers grants to providers and other supports to help them improve their quality of care.
There are 5 levels in ABC Quality:
- Level A+: These programs are measured against the best national quality standards. A+ programs meet the highest quality child care standards in the state and have the highest scores on Environment Rating Scales (ERS) assessments and receive the highest SC voucher payment rate and quality incentives.
- Level A: These programs are measured against the best national quality standards and meet the highest quality standards on ERS assessments.Level A programs receive a higher voucher payment rate and quality incentives.
- Level B+: These programs are measured against state quality standards far beyond basic health and safety regulations. B+ programs have the highest scores on the ABC standards and receive a higher voucher payment rate and quality incentive.
- Level B: These programs are measured against state quality standards beyond basic health and safety regulations. B programs meet ABC standards and receive increased SC voucher payment rates and some quality incentives.
- Level C: These are licensed programs, or programs legally exempt from licensing requirements, that meet basic health and safety regulations and standards. C programs receive the basic voucher payment rate and may qualify for grants to improve their facility.
Click here for more information about becoming an ABC Quality provider.