Registered Family Child Care Home
What you need to know
- A Family Child Care Home must have a working, listed telephone number.
- The program must be in the home of the child care provider.
- A Registration becomes void if you move, and you must contact your Child Care Licensing Regional Office to re-apply.
- A $15.00 Licensing Fee is due in January after a Registration is issued and every two years thereafter.
Look for your county below to find the address where you will send all forms and documents required to be a Registered Family Child Care Home. (Please note that the addresses have changed from the Licensing Central Office to the Regional Offices.)
Abbeville, Anderson, Cherokee, Greenville, Greenwood, Laurens, Newberry, Oconee, Pickens, and Spartanburg Counties:
Child Care Licensing Upstate Region
P.O. Box 5616
Greenville, SC 29606-5616
Aiken, Bamberg, Barnwell, Chester, Edgefield, Fairfield, Kershaw, Lancaster, Lexington, McCormick, Richland, Saluda, Union, and York Counties:
Child Care Licensing Midlands Region
2638 Two Notch Road, Suite 217
Columbia, SC 29204
Allendale, Beaufort, Berkeley, Calhoun, Charleston, Colleton, Dorchester, Hampton, Jasper, and Orangeburg Counties:
Child Care Licensing Low Country Region
3346 Rivers Avenue, Suite D-1
North Charleston, SC 29405
Chesterfield, Clarendon, Darlington, Dillon, Florence, Georgetown, Horry, Lee, Marion, Marlboro, Sumter and Williamsburg Counties:
Child Care Licensing Pee Dee Region
181 East Evans Street
Florence, SC 29506
- Attend Orientation (Call the Child Care Licensing Regional Office for your county to sign-up for Orientation).
- Submit written approval from your local Zoning Board
- Complete the following forms and mail them to the Child Care Licensing Regional Office listed above for your county:
Complete the Consent to Release Information Form (DSS Form 2924) for the operator, all caregivers, and all Household Members over the age of 18. Use full names (no initials) on the form. Mail the forms, with a check or Money Order ($8.00 per person) made payable to DSS Child Care Licensing, to the Child Care Licensing Central Office at:
- Application to Operate a Child Care Facility (DSS Form 2902).
- Original or Renewal Registration of Family Child Care Home (DSS Form 2922).
- Evidence of Non-Conviction and Statement of Compliance (DSS Form 2925) for the operator, all caregivers, and all household members 15 years and older – This form must be notarized.
- Three (3) letters of reference on (DSS Form 2908).
- Statements from parents of each child affirming that regulations have been reviewed with them by the operator on (DSS Form 2909).
- Household Member List (DSS Form 2927).
Child Care Licensing
P.O. Box 1520
Columbia, SC 29202-1520
Have State and Federal Fingerprint Checks completed on the operator, all other caregivers, and all household members 15 years and older.Only scanned prints are now accepted. Click here for more information on scanned fingerprints.
Training for operators, caregivers, and emergency people must be completed (Required for renewals only). For more information click here.
- You may also mail the forms to the Central Office at the address listed above and pay $8.00 per person online by clicking here.