The SC Endeavors is the professional development system for South Carolina’s early childhood workforce.
- SC Endeavors promotes career development for those who educate and care for the children of our state through the South Carolina Early Care and Education Credentialing System.
- SC Endeavors administers the SC Endeavors Registry that documents all DSS training hours; registers or certifies all early care and education trainers and trainings in the state; maintains an online calendar of certified training courses; and provides access to training transcripts.
- SC Endeavors facilitates the South Carolina Early Care and Education Technical Assistance System, the certification process for persons providing technical assistance to early childhood educators.
- SC Endeavors provides scholarships for teachers, directors, owners, and family/group providers working to complete coursework in early childhood education through T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood ® South Carolina.
- SC Endeavors maintains an online calendar of certified child care training offered in the state.
- SC Endeavors collaborates with technical colleges and universities across the state to provide support for maintaining articulation agreements to increase opportunities for early childhood professionals to earn their Bachelor Degree.
- SC Endeavors sponsors Train the Trainer sessions to allow our state’s early childhood and child care trainers to learn from nationally recognized experts on adult learning principles.
- SC Endeavors provides grants to the Early Childhood Departments of the 16 technical colleges to support early childhood classes.